Democracy is in decline, but there are ways to reverse the trend!
We share actionable advice you can apply one day at a time, to empower you to support democracy and make change where you live, work, study and play.
Read and learn about ways to live a more empowered day-to-day life in line with democratic principles.
Contribute to building a more democratic world by supporting the research and work that goes into building this website.
We offer advisory services to organizations, institutions and individuals and support them in their efforts to adopt a democratic and empowered lifestyle.
Join and participate in the process of democratic empowerment, learning and living democracy one day at a time.
- Why Open-Source Matters for Digital Democracy? Interview with Plausible Analytics50 min read This article features the transcript of the first video interview with Marko Saric, the co-founder of Plausible Analytics that was conducted on April 14, 2021. In this interview, I spoke with the co-founder of Plausible Analytics, Marko Saric, about how they are using their open source tool to help make … Read more
- Why Should Countries Have Long-Term Strategic Visions? The Next 5028 min read Time flies. So does the cliched saying go. The next 50 years will come sooner than we think, especially for many countries. In this blog post, we will discuss the importance of having a long-term strategic vision for countries. The idea that a country should plan is not new, but … Read more
- We Need To Rethink Democracy In Smartphones – Fairphone Case Study16 min read Smartphones are ubiquitous. In 2020, nearly half (3.8 billion) of the world’s population (7.8 billion) were smartphone users. The share of the global population using smartphones will continue to grow across the world. Mordorintelligence, a market research company, projects that the global smartphone market will grow at a Compound Annual … Read more
- Compare and Contrast Autocratic and Democratic Leadership Styles12 min read There is a growing trend to incorporate democratic principles in our workplaces. Rather than comparing and contrasting autocratic and democratic leadership styles in politics, we will do so in our workplaces, where we spend most of our waking hours. When we think of democracy, we should think of democratic principles … Read more
- Why Care? Individualistic Culture Vs Collectivist Culture in Democracy12 min read Culture matters. Today, democracy is under threat. We see “the decline of democracy” across many countries, including ones deemed the “beacon of democracy,” like the United States. The absence of “democratic culture” plays a major role in the “decline of democracy” we are seeing today. Today, we will analyze how … Read more