Democracy is in decline, but there are ways to reverse the trend!
We share actionable advice you can apply one day at a time to make a difference where people, live, work and play. Democracy depends on all of us!
Read and learn about ways to live a more empowered day-to-day life in line with democratic principles.
Contribute to building a more democratic world by supporting the research and work that goes into building this website.
We offer advisory services to organizations, institutions and individuals and support them in their efforts to adopt a democratic and empowered lifestyle.
Join and participate in the process of democratic empowerment, learning and living democracy one day at a time.
- What did Ancient Greek philosophers and scholars think about democracy?10 min read Democracy was a desirable form of governance. Democracy was a desired rule of governance, but it was not without its critics. One of the most vocal critics of democracy was one of the greatest philosophers of Ancient Greece, Socrates (470 B.C.E.–399 B.C.E.). Socrates was accused of “corrupting the youth of … Read more
- Democracy has ‘old’ roots, but they go beyond those of Ancient Greece13 min read The history of democracy is long and complex. There is more to the history of democracy than “the standard history of democracy” as Benjamin Isakhan, Professor of International Politics at Deakin University, refers to. The history of democracy stretches beyond the familiar tale of Ancient Greece, then the “American Declaration … Read more
- Why Open-Source Matters for Digital Democracy? Interview with Plausible Analytics50 min read This article features the transcript of the first video interview with Marko Saric, the co-founder of Plausible Analytics that was conducted on April 14, 2021. In this interview, I spoke with the co-founder of Plausible Analytics, Marko Saric, about how they are using their open source tool to help make … Read more
- Why Should Countries Have Long-Term Strategic Visions? The Next 5028 min read Time flies. So does the cliched saying go. The next 50 years will come sooner than we think, especially for many countries. In this blog post, we will discuss the importance of having a long-term strategic vision for countries. The idea that a country should plan is not new, but … Read more
- We Need To Rethink Democracy In Smartphones – Fairphone Case Study16 min read Smartphones are ubiquitous. In 2020, nearly half (3.8 billion) of the world’s population (7.8 billion) were smartphone users. The share of the global population using smartphones will continue to grow across the world. Mordorintelligence, a market research company, projects that the global smartphone market will grow at a Compound Annual … Read more